Be Inspired to Visit San Luis Obispo
Known for its laid-back lifestyle and welcoming community, San Luis Obispo offers the perfect escape from the busyness of everyday life. Situated halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco along California’s famous Highway 1, SLO is teeming with fun-filled activities and iconic attractions like Bubblegum Alley and Hearst Castle that make for an ideal California getaway. To get started, explore the itineraries listed below.
Relaxing Weekend Getaway
San Luis Obispo’s central location to major city hubs and unlimited things to do makes for the perfect weekend getaway in California. Get a taste of the fun with our 2-day itinerary below, featuring an array of San Luis Obispo’s top activities.
- Kick-off the day with a cycling class at a local studio or roll out your mat and find your Zen on hilltops
- Stop by the Saturday farmers’ market in SLO to pick up snacks and small bites for your wine tasting day
- Sip your way through Edna Valley, known for California’s finest Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays
- Fill yourself up with one of San Luis Obispo’s top 10 must-have eats, featuring Firestone’s Tri-Tip sandwich and Foremost Wine Co.’s Burrata Bar
- Wrap up the day by catching a flick at the iconic Sunset Drive-In or a concert at the Fremont Theater
- Enjoy panoramic views of SLO by hiking one of the many trails
- Delight your taste buds during brunch, featuring a plethora of options from family-friendly spots to places with bottomless mimosas
- Check-in for a spa day to reach the epitome of relaxation or explore the top 5 things to do in Downtown SLO, including lovable landmarks and bucket list activities
- Venture to a beach near San Luis Obispo for a breathtaking sunset
- Finish off your visit with an exquisite dinner with a variety of food categories and price ranges at your fingertips
Seeking fresh air and panoramic views? San Luis Obispo has you covered. Check out our itinerary ideas for outdoor enthusiasts. Be prepared to explore a ton of open spaces and embark on one-of-a-kind adventures.
- Hike Cerro San Luis, locally known as Madonna Mountain, in the morning for breathtaking views of SLO, spanning out to the Pacific Ocean
- Refuel with a refreshing acai bowl from Sally Loo’s or a delicious breakfast sandwich from Lincoln Deli
- Rent bikes in town and bike from San Luis Obispo to Avila Beach on the Bob Jones Trail
- Hop on the SLO beer trail and taste local craft beer
- Enjoy a farm-to-fork meal from the bustling restaurants in Downtown San Luis Obispo
- Grab a coffee from Scout Coffee, a local favorite, with two convenient locations in downtown and off Highway 1
- Kayak or paddleboard in Morro Bay to experience marine life first hand
- Make a pit stop at one of the top SLO sandwich shops for lunch
- If you’re up for more thrills, venture to Oceano Dunes SRVA for an ATV adventure or reserve a horseback riding tour in San Luis Obispo
- Round off the weekend with a sunset at one of the top 15 iconic view spots in SLO
Now, are you ready to plan your visit? Browse the wide range of accommodations, including everything from boutique hotels and charming inns to pet-friendly accommodations and local homestays. You’re bound to find the perfect place to stay that meets your needs in San Luis Obispo.