Welcome to San Luis Obispo’s media center. The resources you’ll find here are perfect for journalists seeking story ideas, compelling photography, fact-checks and personal experiences. After all, SLO’s outstanding culinary scene, award-winning wine and epic outdoor adventure experiences make it a storyteller’s dream.
This page offers useful assets for local, national and international journalists. It will be updated regularly, so visit us often. We hope you will find everything you need about our beautiful city, but should you need immediate assistance please don’t hesitate to call or email us at [email protected].
MEDIA VISIT + PRESS INQUIRIES
Are you planning a media trip to San Luis Obispo? We think that’s a fantastic idea, since there’s nothing quite like experiencing the SLO life firsthand.
SLO In the News
- Your Guide To Coastal Bliss And Culinary Delights In San Luis Obispo, California
- The top 10 California experiences you’ll recommend again and again
- The California Pride uniquely challenging a Republican foothold
- The Californian hot spot to visit before everyone else does
- The Best Places To Travel In The U.S. In 2023, According To The Experts
- San Luis Obispo, California: ‘The happiest town in America’ is one most visitors miss
- The Most Beautiful Small Town In All 50 States
- The 50 Best Places to Travel in 2023
- 95-year-old Chinese restaurant is last holdout of Central California Chinatown
- 32 Top Cheap Weekend Getaways in the U.S.
- Wellness Weekender Guide: San Luis Obispo, California
- Five Incredible Road Trips Perfect for Fall
- All aboard the Pacific Surfliner: a car-free journey through California
- 10 Great Points Hotels Where You Can Bring Your Pooch
- Epic Family Weekend In San Luis Obispo County
OUTDOOR ADVENTURE VACATION IDEAS
Fresh air and scenic views make San Luis Obispo the perfect destination for outdoor enthusiasts. SLO’s abundant open space and aquatic playgrounds provide ample room for travelers and families to stretch their legs and enjoy some activities under the sun. Check out some of our favorite outdoor activities.
Enjoy the Outdoors
Pop into Bubblegum Alley
Visit Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa
See a movie at Sunset Drive In
Sip Central Coast Wine
Shop and eat at the Farmers’ Market
Enjoy a picnic
Take in the views
What’s HappeningView All
San Luis Obispo is packed full of things to do year-round. Find out what we’re excited and talking about here in SLO right now.