Run, Rest & Relax in SLO
Thinking about coming to San Luis Obispo for the SLO Marathon and Half Marathon in April? Why, not? The best part of this race is that it’s more than just a course- it’s a destination! And what better way to reward yourself for running countless miles, than to treat yourself to some well-deserved R&R.
So to make the decision that much easier, we’ve come up with the top 5 reasons why you should come for the run but stay for a while and enjoy all things SLO!
1. Plentiful wine & beer – Pinot, chardonnay, or zinfandel…. with over 300 wineries in less than a marathon’s distance from downtown SLO, you can enjoy some of the best wines in the country! And if it’s craft beer you want, visit one of our 16 local craft breweries. Or mix it up and try a little of both!
2. Casual, sophisticated dining – No matter your preference, you’re guaranteed to find a meal that makes your stomach happy and a dining experience that makes your face smile. Fresh produce, local meat and tasty area wines frequently make their way into the menus, giving visitors a real opportunity to dine SLO style.
3. Shop til you drop – Find a little retail therapy and then some in San Luis Obispo at our trendy shops, unique boutiques, vintage stores, and specialty galleries.
4. Abundant culture – From the historical significance of our Mission, to the intimate performances at our downtown Little Theatre, to the numerous live music venues around town, San Luis Obispo has a variety of cultural excursions for visitors and locals alike.
5. Don’t worry, be happy attitude – San Luis Obispo is the Happiest place in America… for reals. We’re relaxed but far from boring! Friendly locals are always ready to talk about their favorite hiking trails, barbecue joint or to guide strangers to the wineries with the best Pinot Noir. It’s all part of the SLO life!