Shopping in San Luis Obispo offers hours of treasure-hunting fun for everyone in the family. Whether you are seeking stylish sandals for the summer season or designer shoes to go with your out-on-the-town dress, Cal Poly memorabilia, birthday gifts or a small souvenir, you’ll find retail therapy and then some in the San Luis Obispo shopping scene.
Looking for a quick shop stop? You will not have to travel far to find premium SLO shopping because many are just steps away from some hotels in San Luis Obispo.
Downtown San Luis Obispo Shopping
Part of what makes the Downtown San Luis Obispo shopping experience unique and such a joy are the locally owned businesses that give San Luis Obispo its charm. Explore our shopping guide for gifts unique to San Luis Obispo with a variety of options, perfect for a hostess gift or one-of-a-kind presents throughout the year.
Take a much needed shopping break at the centrally located Luis Wine Bar in Downtown and embark on a relaxing and sustainable tasting tour. Escape from the warm California sun to a SLO unique movie theater to catch a matinee film, check out historical sites or stop by the Farmers’ Market to replenish and refuel at any number of seasonal food vendors.
What Shops Are in San Luis Obispo?
Whether you’re an outdoor enthusiast looking for gear to strap on for your next adventure or a high-end fashionista looking to stay best dressed in trendiest brands, shops in San Luis Obispo have got you covered.
- Moondoggies Beach Club welcomes the shorts and flip flops style travelers gearing up for a day at the beach or a skate session at the SLO Skate Park.
- Ambiance is your one-stop shop for any event. Merchandise is expertly hand-selected for every season and is always one step ahead of the trends in clothing, shoes and accessories.
- Lulu Luxe is a well-rounded boutique with women of all ages in mind. Located in the heart of SLO, this fashion-forward shop is perfect for convenient downtown shopping.
- Finders Keepers holds the consignment treasures of your dreams! This high-end consignment boutique is reinventing what thrift shopping is all about.
Shopping in San Luis Obispo
If you’re looking for popular brands and a one-stop shop for every traveler, San Luis Obispo shopping centers and outlets can get your shopping needs dialed all in, in one place.
- Pismo Beach Premium Outlets offers more than 30 stores that provide something for everyone in the family.
- Madonna Plaza Shopping Center offers versatile shopping options that include clothing, home goods and quick necessity shopping. This shopping center is just a short walk from the Madonna Inn, where you can follow the Madonna Inn Bike Path to downtown for even more shopping fun!
Listed below, you’ll find trendy chain stores, unique boutiques, vintage shops, jewelry, and specialty stores located all around San Luis Obispo County.