San Luis Obispo offers hours of treasure-hunting fun for everyone in the family. Whether you are seeking stylish sandals for the summer season or designer shoes to go with your out-on-the-town dress, Cal Poly memorabilia, birthday gifts or a small souvenir, you’ll find retail therapy and then some in the San Luis Obispo shopping scene.
Listed below, you’ll find trendy chain stores, unique boutiques, vintage shops, jewelry and specialty stores around San Luis Obispo County.
Find Downtown SLO Stores
Whether you’re an outdoor enthusiast looking for gear to strap on for your next adventure or a high-end fashionista looking to stay best dressed in the trendiest brands, Downtown SLO stores have got you covered.
- Moondoggies Beach Club welcomes the shorts and flip–flops style travelers gearing up for a day at the beach or a skate session at the SLO Skate Park.
- Ambiance is your one-stop shop for any event. Merchandise is expertly hand-selected for every season and is always one step ahead of the trends in clothing, shoes and accessories trends.
- Lulu Luxe is a well-rounded boutique with women of all ages in mind. Located in the heart of SLO, this fashion-forward shop is perfect for convenient downtown shopping.
- Apropos offers trendy and beachy outfits for the SLO-loving woman.
- Avanti is a women’s fashion boutique with new inventory arriving daily! Check out their too-cute jeans, tops, accessories and shoes.
- Cage Clothing, another women’s boutique in Downtown SLO, offers cute dresses, outfit sets, loungewear, shoes and so much more!
- Other well known stores in Downtown SLO include Urban Outfitters, French Quarter, Athleta, Ross, Banana Republic, Vans and Barnes & Noble.
- Finders Keepers holds the consignment treasures of your dreams! This high-end consignment boutique is reinventing what thrift shopping is all about.
- Your furry friends deserve a pet-friendly shopping spree, too! Tails is a specialty pet boutique that offers pet food, treats, toys, leashes, collars, bones, pet accessories and even more.
- Looking for a truly unique item to bring SLO home with you? Junk Girls creates furniture, jewelry, art and lighting from forgotten and vintage items.
- Habitat Home and Garden offers tons of furniture and decor for your dining room, living room, bedroom and office. Don’t forget to look for their reclaimed vintage pieces including doors, benches and various furniture.
- Other stores with unique finds in Downtown SLO include Phoenix Books, Old World Rugs and Gaia’s Gallery.
The SLO Shopping Experience
The local gift shops along the Central Coast are perfect if you are looking for a quick shop stop. You will not have to travel far to find premium Downtown SLO shopping because many stores are just steps away from hotels in San Luis Obispo.
Part of what makes the Downtown San Luis Obispo shopping experience unique and a joy are all the locally owned businesses intermixed with big box stores that give San Luis Obispo its charm. Explore our shopping guide for gifts unique to San Luis Obispo with various options, perfect for a hostess gift, or one-of-a-kind presents throughout the year.
Take a much–needed shopping break at the centrally located Luna Red across from the mission in San Luis Obispo’s downtown area and enjoy some sangria. If wine is more your drink of choice, embark on a relaxing and sustainable tasting tour or park it at a wine bar 10 minutes outside of the downtown area. Escape from the warm California sun to one of SLO’s unique movie theaters to catch a matinee film, check out historical sites or stop by the Farmers’ Market to replenish and refuel at any number of seasonal food vendors.
Shopping in San Luis Obispo
If you’re looking for popular brands and a one-stop shop for every traveler, San Luis Obispo shopping centers and outlets can get your shopping needs dialed all in, in one place.
More Stores in San Luis Obispo
Still looking for stores in San Luis Obispo? We have even more shopping spots to share with you, so you don’t have to end your SLO shopping spree. Pismo Beach Premium Outlets offers more than 30 stores that provide something for everyone in the family.
Madonna Plaza Shopping Center offers versatile shopping options that include clothing, home goods and quick necessity shopping. This shopping center is just a short walk from the Madonna Inn, where you can follow the Madonna Inn Bike Path to Downtown for even more shopping fun!