Summer Music Concerts in San Luis Obispo
As summer rolls into San Luis Obispo, it brings with it a multitude of concerts, both indoor and outdoor, for visitors to enjoy all season long. Whether you like alternative rock, reggae, country or pop, concert goers have a variety of options to choose from throughout the Central Coast.
Good music and great company in the beautiful Mission Plaza in downtown San Luis Obispo is exactly what you’ll find every Friday night this summer at Concerts in the Plaza. Kicking off June 9th and running through September 8th, Concerts in the Plaza is a locals’ favorite that they love to share with out-of-towners. Bring something to nosh on or grab a bite to eat after at the nearby restaurants. Mark your calendars for this family-friendly event.
- June 9: TROPO | Organic Electronic Music
- June 16: Fialta | Indie Pop
- June 23: The Tipsy Gypsies | Vintage Jazz, Blues & Pop
- June 30: Diego’s Umbrella | Gypsy Rock
- July 7: Bear Market Riot | Power-Folk Americana
- July 14: The Kicks | Roots Reggae
- July 21: Moonshiner Collective | Soulful Folk Rock & Americana
- July 28: Resination | Roots, Reggae & Rock
- August 4: Royal Jelly Jive | Swing, Soul & Rock
- August 11: Damon Castillo Band | Soul & Rock
- August 18: Young Dubliners | Celtic Rock
- August 25: Zongo All-Stars | Afro-Caribbean Dance
- September 1: Truth About Seafood | Good Time Rock
- September 8: The Mother Corn Shuckers | Americana
Check out SLO Brew’s new digs and enjoy a concert while you’re at it. Pair SLO Brew’s intimate concert setting with delicious eats and craft brews and you’re sure to have a perfect night out on the town.
- June 4, 10:00 p.m.: Krooked Treez, El Dub
- June 14, 10:00 p.m.: VHS Collection, The Federal Empire
- June 19, 10:00 p.m.: La Witch
- June 20, 10:00 p.m.: The Brevet, Rowan McGuire
- June 25, 10:00 p.m.: Futurecastle: A Joint Performance by Rare Futures and Gavin Castleton
- June 28, 10:00 p.m.: The Walcotts
- July 2, 10:00 p.m.: PRXZM, Papa Ya
- July 8, 10:00 p.m.: Stronger Together – Pride Party
- July 18, 10:00 p.m.: Femina
- July 19, 10:00 p.m.: Andrew St. James
- July 21, 10:00 p.m.: Próxima Parada & Rainbow Girls
- August 2, 10:00 p.m.: Kendall Street Co.
- September 18, 10:00 p.m.: Cherry Glazerr
- September 26, 10:00 p.m.: Y La Bamba
The Fremont Theatre is not only an iconic movie theatre in the heart of San Luis Obispo, it’s also an incredible concert venue. This landmark location with an eclectic list of concerts makes for a unique date night or get together with friends.
- June 8, 7:00 p.m.: The White Buffalo | The Dales
- June 28, 7:00 p.m.: CAT POWER
- June 29, 8:00 p.m.: Tiger Army | Murder By Death | Tim Barry
- July 23, 9:00 p.m.: Colin Hay | From Men at Work
- August 6, 7:00 p.m.: Turnpike Troubadours | Charley Crockett
- August 12, 7:00 p.m.: ATMOSPHERE: Welcome to California Tour | ZuluZuluu | Greg Grease | DJ Just Nine
- September 6, 7:00 p.m.: Shaggy
- September 22, 9:00 p.m.: City and Colour
Performing Arts Center
Enjoy local and international performances at the state-of-the-art Performing Arts Center (PAC) located on the Cal Poly campus. The PAC offers guests a world-class concert experience – something you won’t find anywhere else on the Central Coast.
- June 2, 8:00 p.m.: Cal Poly Jazz Night Concert
- June 3, 6:00 p.m.: Revive: an A Cappella Concert by Take it SLO
- June 3, 8:00 p.m.: Cal Poly Wind Bands’ Spring Concert: Winds of Change- Music of the 21st Century
- June 4, 3:00 p.m.: Vocal Arts Ensemble Presents 40th Ruby Season Finale
- June 10, 8:00 p.m.: Cal Poly Symphony Spring Concert: Symphonie Fantastique
- June 11, 2:00 p.m.: Cal Poly Choirs Spring Concert: With Thanks to All!
- July 19, 7:30 p.m.: Lyle Lovett and His Large Band
Concerts Near San Luis Obispo
Avila Beach Golf Resort Concerts
Soak up the sun, jam out to some funky tunes and watch the waves roll in at Avila Beach Golf Resort. Just a short 15-minute drive from SLO to experience this one-of-a-kind concert venue.
- June 10, 5:00 p.m.: Blasé Beach Club: Duke Dumont
- June 17, 4:30 p.m.: The Good Vibes Summer Tour 2017: Rebelution, Nahko and Medicine for the People, Collie Buddz, Hirie
- July 7, 5:30 p.m.: Relix Presents: UB40 Legends Ali, Astro & Mickey
- August 6, 4:00 p.m.: Sounds of Summer 2017: Slightly Stoopid, Iration, J Boog, The Movement
- August 18, 5:00 p.m.: Rancid & Dropkick Murphys
- August 25, 6:00 p.m.: Trombone Shorty and Orleans Ave & St. Paul and The Broken Bones
California Mid-State Fair 2017
Not only can you ride the Ferris Wheel, eat a corn dog and pet baby pigs, but you can also attend a few concerts of major headliners this summer at the California Mid-State Fair. It all happens this July in Paso Robles, but be prepared, tickets sell out quickly!
- July 19, 7:30 p.m.: Lionel Richie
- July 20, 7:30 p.m.: Zac Brown Band
- July 21, 7:30 p.m.: The Chainsmokers
- July 22, 7:00 p.m.: Matchbox Twenty & Counting Crows
- July 23, 7:30 p.m.: Kid Rock
- July 24, 7:30 p.m.: John Mayer
- July 25, 7:30 p.m.: Hunter Hayes & The Band Perry
- July 26, 7:30 p.m.: Keith Urban
- July 27, 7:30 & 10:30 p.m.: Garth Brooks with Trisha Yearwood
- July 28, 7:00 p.m.: Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
Discover more concerts happening on the Front Frontier Stage, Mission Square, Headliner Stage and Paso Pete’s Ponderosa Stage.
Vina Robles Amphitheatre
Off East Highway 46 in Paso Robles, amongst the vineyards, sits Vina Robles Amphitheatre, one of the largest outdoor venues along the Central Coast. The amphitheater offers attendees various seating options from general admission lawn seats to VIP passes, along with multiple bars featuring local wine and beer.
- June 15, 7:30 p.m.: Dustin Lynch
- June 24, 8:00 p.m.: Trevor Noah
- June 25, 7:00 p.m.: United We Rock Tour | REO Speedwagon, STYX, & Don Felder
- August 2, 7:00 p.m.: AFI & Circa Survive
- August 3, 8:00 p.m.: Rodrigo y Gabriela
- August 8, 7:00 p.m.: Slayer
- August 16, 7:30 p.m.: Michael McDonald and Boz Scaggs
- August 20, 7:00 p.m.: Symphony at Sunset
- August 22, 8:00 p.m.: The Doobie Brothers
- August 27, 8:00 p.m.: Idina Menzel
- September 2, 8:00 p.m.: Chicago
- September 8, 8:00 p.m.: Pepe Aguilar
- September 9, 7:30 p.m.: Gipsy Kings
- September 21, 7:00 p.m.: Pepper & Tribal Seeds
- September 24, 8:00 p.m.: Gloria Trevi VS Alejandra Guzmán
- September 28, 8:00 p.m.: The Shins
We hope you can make it to at least one of these exciting concert experiences this summer. Don’t forget to share your concert fun with #ShareSLO!