New in San Luis Obispo: Vintage Thrifts, Bold Bites and Next-Level Games
Living the SLO life means doing whatever it takes to have your best day, every day. And every day in San Luis Obispo is another opportunity to do something you’ve never done before. (Whether that means trying pistachio ice cream or wearing something so vintage that your grandma wants to borrow it is up to you.)
Looking for your next exciting experience? Pop into these new-to-SLO businesses during your visit! You just might discover your new favorite comfort food (or slip into a pair of the most comfortable hiking boots you’ve ever owned).
- Central Coast Vintage – This locally-owned thrift shop specializes in vintage and streetwear clothing. Find off-beat picks for both men and women, plus sports memorabilia!
- Under the Willow – Flower-power and hippie vibes abound in this charming boutique. Browse clothes, accessories, shoes and other cottage core-inspired pieces.
- Opulence – San Luis Obispo’s newest size-inclusive boutique offers everything from business to casual (including business casual) in sizes for everyone.
- Brixton – Inspired by the past and built to live in the present: that’s Brixton’s approach to their workwear-inspired collection of clothes for living and exploring.
- The Hat Bar – No outfit is complete without the perfect hat. Find yours (by creating it!) at The Hat Bar, a custom shop situated in Downtown San Luis Obispo.
- The Switchback – Looking to get rid of some old gear and maybe even stock up on new? Trade back used outdoor equipment for cash or store credit at The Switchback.
New Stuff to Do
- BA Start Arcade Bar – Get your game (and your thirst) on at this combination arcade and taproom. From Ms. Pacman to Street Fight, they’ve got all the classics on tap.
- Swing Time by Dairy Creek – Work on your swing or compete against friends at this virtual golf course. You can even tackle world-famous courses and compare scores!
- A Righetti Hill summit trail—a 1-mile out-and-back path. It begins on Hillside Drive and wraps around to the peak. Due to its narrowness and challenges with visibility, the trail is designated for hikers only.
Our Latest Restaurants
- Corazon Cafe – The perfect spot for a mid-shopping stop, Corazon offers Mexico-inspired coffee, aguas frescas and light eats.
- Parliament Deli – You’ll have the whole world in your hands when you pop into Parliament for a sandwich. Spicy banh mi, classic Italians and the finest Pillys await.
- HellaHot – “The best Nashville-style hot chicken.” There’s only one way to find out! But go spicy or go home–this eatery specializes in intimidatingly spicy sandwiches.
- Dave’s Hot Chicken – Things are really heating up in San Luis Obispo, huh? We say bring on the heat. Dave’s serves up plenty with mouthwatering chicken tenders and more.
- Mo’s Mediterranean –Dig into all your favorite signature Mediterranean dishes: gyros, hummus platters, shawarma and of course, plenty of falafel.
- My Friend Mike’s Pizza – With classic pies and tasty twists (elote and squash, to name a few) Mike is a friend, indeed. Vegan and vegetarian options available!
- Bamboo Bamboo – This family-owned Chinese eatery offers all our favorite standbys, plus a sturdy selection of Asian beer and wine to round off a perfect meal.
- SLO Public Market – You’ll find a little of everything at this hot new indoor marketplace. Shop the best of the Central Coast: food, drinks, souvenirs and more.
- The Dough Connection – We all know we’re not supposed to eat raw cookie dough. The Dough Connection took that as a personal challenge. Their safe-to-eat version is pretty darn good, too.
- Humdinger SLO Taproom – This peppy taproom is the new place to be in San Luis Obispo with live music events, karaoke nights and a huge selection of beer.