Indoor Fitness Activities
Switch Up Your Workout Routine this Winter with Indoor Fitness Activities in SLO
With the high chance of El Nino this winter, we have compiled a list of fun, indoor fitness activities so you can stay active through these chilly months to come. Whether you are an avid cyclist or simply want to switch up your routine with some rock climbing, escape the cold and discover indoor things to do in San Luis Obispo, keeping you active and energetic through winter.
Ready to hang off the edge? Try out rock climbing! Although SLO is known for its natural boulders and crags, San Luis Obispo is equipped with indoor rock climbing facilities to keep you bouldering all winter at the Crux Climbing Center and The Pad Climbing Gym. Rock climbing is so popular on the Central Coast that SLO Op Climbing opened a second location in Santa Maria called the Pad! Now, SLO Op is offering their new two-week membership for just $30. Visit our rock climbing page for more information about climbing gyms in San Luis Obispo.
Yoga & Barre
Relax and rejuvenate yourself while getting in an effective workout at San Luis Obispo’s yoga and barre studios, giving you the best of both worlds! Some studios even offer Bikram classes, leaving you extra warm and toasty.
- The Bar Method offers classes that feature movements for your upper body, core, legs, and overall alignment. Each class is unique, keeping your muscles guessing and your mind engaged. Tune into your inner strength and push your personal limits forward by dropping into a 60-minute barre class or a 45-minute Bar Express class.
- SLO Yoga Center has a wide range of classes and special events this winter like their Asana Labs with Rocky Heron, a world-traveling yoga teacher, and meditation workshops. Adore yoga? Participate in SLO Yoga Center’s intro special of $39 for first 30 days. If you join by December 31st, you’ll received $25 in Karma Kash, which can be used for anything in the studio – workshops, gift certificates, membership dues or retail.
- Smiling Dog Yoga is fully equip with a café, acupuncture and massage therapy, boutique and most importantly, a yoga studio – known as a “little yogi oasis.” New students are just $30 for their first 30 days and through December 31st, Smiling Dog Yoga is offering a massage special of buy one 60 or 90-minute massage and get the second one 30% off!
- Spark Yoga is celebrating their 2-year anniversary this January, featuring free classes for the day, a raffle, boutique sale and special deals on memberships! Spark Yoga specializes in hot yoga and barre with a $30 for 30 days “newbie” special. For ShareSLO followers out there, you will receive a special holiday discount through December 31st – simply use the promo code SHARESLO at checkout and received a 20% discount on your auto pay membership with a 3-month commitment.
With SLO’s rolling hills and impressive peaks, San Luis Obispo is paradise for recreational bike riders with quite a strong cycling community in town. So when the rain cancels your outdoor adventure plans, head to the indoor cycling studios of San Luis Obispo.
- Cycle Tribe was the first dedicated indoor cycling studio to hit San Luis Obispo. They offer fun workouts geared for all levels while creating a sanctuary to relax and be free. For the newcomers, Cycle Tribe offers an unlimited 30-day pass for $39. Interested in both cycling and yoga? Check out Cycle Tribe and Spark Yoga’s 10 class pass for $99.
- Rev SLO brings true creativity to their cycling classes with 40 minute Spin & Core classes, Spin & Gunz, and Spin & Abs, giving you a full body workout. In addition to their cycling classes, Rev SLO offers fun and diverse classes from Beginning Yoga to TNT Group Training. Your first class is free so round up your crew and give Rev SLO a try!
Now it’s time for you to spice up your fitness regimen and try out one of San Luis Obispo’s unique indoor fitness facilities. Share your fun, indoor fitness routines with us by using #ShareSLO!