Looking to jam out to alternative rock or relax and unwind to reggae this summer? Grab your friends and family and head to one of the many music venues around San Luis Obispo for a concert this summer!
From local bands at Concerts in the Plaza to headliners at California Mid-State Fair, each of the following venues provides a unique atmosphere, catering to a variety of styles. You’re bound to find one that suits your taste!
Music Concerts in San Luis Obispo
Concerts in the Plaza
Make the most of your summer nights by attending the popular, free concert series, happening in Mission Plaza every Friday from 5:00 – 8:00 pm. You can enjoy eats and drinks from local vendors such as Pizza Solo, Ubatuba Acai, Firestone Walker Brewing Company and Chamisal Vineyards.
- Diego’s Umbrella | Rocking Gypsy Urban Mariachis – July 1
- TROPO | Violin Driven Indie Electronic – July 8
- Cuesta Ridge | Bluegrass Injected Americana – July 15
- The Tipsy Gypsies | Vintage Blues, Jazz and Pop – July 22
- The Mother Corn Shuckers | Americana Beergrass – July 29
- Bear Market Riot | Rompin’ Power-Folk Americana – August 5
- The JD Project | California Roots Rock – August 12
- Resination | Irie Roots Rock Reggae – August 19
- Damon Castillo Band | Rock/Soul – August 26
- Captain Nasty | Funk/Original/Party Grooves – September 2
- Sam Sharp Band | California Rock and Soul – September 9
From its pink interior to the magnificent painted ceiling, the Fremont Theatre is one of SLO’s most unique and historic landmarks, hosting various concerts throughout the summer.
- The Garden – July 20, 7:00 pm
- The Claypool Lennon Delirium – August 4, 8:00 pm
- Gregory Alan Isakov – August 11, 7:00 pm
- The Milk Carton Kids – September 14, 7:30 pm
SLO Brew reopens this Thursday, featuring an array of exciting entertainment this summer! Experience an intimate concert setting right in the heart of Downtown San Luis Obispo.
- Monophonics, Captain Nasty – July 7, 8:30 pm
- Joe Pug – July 8, 9:00 pm
- Jade Jackson & Paul Cauthen – July 20, 8:30 pm
- HoneyHoney – July 26, 8:30 pm
- Sister Sparrow & The Dirty Birds – July 27, 8:30 pm
- CW Stoneking – August 1, 8:30 pm
- Metalachi – September 1, 8:30 pm
- Ethan Tucker – September 2, 8:30 pm
Opening this August, SLO Brew the Rock will feature a concert venue and biergarten restaurant with expansive landscaping and casual outdoor seating — soon-to-be one of SLO County’s largest venues for live entertainment.
Just a 5-minute drive from downtown, this state-of-the-art facility hosts both local and international performers alike on California Polytechnic State University’s campus.
- Happy Together Tour – July 14, 7:30 pm
- Malher in Perspective – July 23, 8:00 pm
Concerts Near San Luis Obispo
Avila Beach Golf Resort Concerts
Have you ever been to a concert where you not only got a front-row seat to the music but also the beach?! Now is your chance at Avila Beach Golf Resort. Hear about Miranda’s concert experience at Rebelution last summer in her Avila Beach Concerts at the Cove blog post.
- Slightly Stoopid with Soja – July 3, 4:30 pm
- Rebelution – August 14, 3:30 pm
- Michael Franti & Spearhead – August 25, 5:00 pm
- Tedeschi Trucks Band – September 4, 4:30 pm
- Chris Young – September 17, 2:00 pm
- ZZ Top – September 29, 5:00 pm
Major headliners are coming to the Central Coast for the California Mid-State Fair, happening this July! Explore the artists who are performing at the Chumash Grandstand Arena.
- Fall Out Boy – July 20, 7:30 pm
- Justin Moore with Joe Nichols – July 21, 7:30 pm
- Fergie – July 22, 7:30 pm
- Blake Shelton with Caroline Kole – July 23, 7:30 pm (SOLD OUT)
- Tim McGraw with Brooke Eden – July 24, 7:30 pm
- Hollywood Vampires – July 25, 7:30 pm
- Don Henley – July 26, 7:30 pm
- Duran Duran with CHIC – July 27, 7:30 pm
- Kenny Wayne Shepherd & Jonny Lang – July 28, 7:00 pm
- Brian Wilson: Pet Sounds 50th Anniversary – July 29, 7:00 pm
Discover more concerts happening on the Front Frontier Stage, Mission Square, Headliner Stage, and Paso Pete’s Ponderosa Stage.
Nestled in Paso Robles, Vina Robles Amphitheatre is one of the largest outdoor venues along the Central Coast with various seating options from general admission lawn seats to VIP passes.
- Chicago – June 29, 8:00 pm
- Pepe Aguilar – July 7, 7:30 pm
- Symphony at Sunset – July 31, 7:00 pm
- Flogging Molly – August 4, 7:30 pm
- Ziggy Marley – August 12, 7:00 pm
- Steve Miller Band – August 14, 8:00 pm
- Boy George and Culture Club – August 20, 8:00 pm
- The Go-Go’s – August 23, 7:30 pm
- Peter Frampton – August 25, 7:30 pm
- Jackson Browne – August 26, 7:30 pm
- Gov’t Mule – August 28, 7:00 pm
Ready to boogie down along the Central Coast? Purchase your tickets to one… two… or all of these fun-filled concerts happening this summer around San Luis Obispo. Don’t forget to share your concert fun with #ShareSLO!