Well the weather outside is far from frightful, and the fire, well it’s nice for ambiance as well as heat if you’re up in North County, and since we have so many places to go and things to do we decided that we’d share a few of our favorite local activities for this festive time of year.
We decided to narrow it down to just ten, because honestly, we could go all day.
This is far from a comprehensive list of things to do throughout San Luis Obispo county, for that go here.
And without further ado and in no particular order we present our Top 10 Holiday (and non holiday) things to do in SLO county.
- Cambria Lights Festival: putting the Clark W. Griswold Jr. to shame since 2011.
- Winter Wonder SLO: who says you can’t ice skate and surf on the same day.
- Christmas Story at the SLO Little Theatre: so close to Ralphie that you may fear losing an eye.
- Hearst Castle Holiday Twilight Tour: nuff said.
- Santa arrives at the San Luis Obispo Railroad Museum by train: trains + Santa Claus = kids minds blown, or is that just my kid.
- All-inclusive New Year’s Eve at the Madonna Inn: celebrate the New Year at a California landmark.
- 36th Annual Carlin Soule’ Memorial Polar Bear Dip in Cayucos: it’s big and getting bigger.
- New Year’s Eve Pops with the SLO Symphony: listen to the mesmerizing sound of pops. From the symphony, and your champagne.
- Craft Art Market at SLO Museum of Art: the only way to guarantee a truly one-of-a-kind gift.
- Pismo Beach Monarch Butterfly Grove: thousands of butterflies escaping the cold. We completely get it.